The 2018 ACA offers content for your specialty. By attending the ACA you will:
• Become more familiar with recent clinical developments in your surgical specialties
• Gain knowledge you can immediately apply to patient care
• Advance your understanding of indications, techniques, complications, and outcomes in a variety of
• Gain insight on governmental regulations related to surgery and patient care
• Explore new trends and procedures through scientific posters and exhibits
Global Learning Objectives
After completing this assembly, participants should be better able to:
- Discuss successful limb salvage strategies
- Apply effective techniques outside of the endovascular toolbox
- Construct a plan for positive patient care results
- Define robotic hernia surgery
- Explain the appropriate use of robotics in hernia surgery
- Illustrate best practices for successful surgical outcomes
- Describe experiences of surgery with limited resources and in harsh, austere conditions
- Demonstrate effective practices to find success in wartime or austere surgical environments
This activity is supported by an independent educational grant from Acell, Inc. & Spineology.
The Annual Clinical Assembly is a highly diversified program of continuing medical education for the specialties of cardiothoracic and general vascular, general, neurological, plastic and reconstructive, proctological, and urological surgery will be offered. Click here for the event schedule in real time.
AOA CME Credits and Requirements
Attendees of the 2018 ACA are eligible to earn American Osteopathic Association continuing medical education (AOA CME) credit by participating in the educational programs and activities. The attendee must complete an evaluation of each session attended as well as an overall event evaluation in order to receive credit hours. The current program is tentatively valued at a maximum of 26.75 credit hours. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in each ACA educational program and/or activity. Below are the maximum credits available per day.
Thursday, October 18 | Maximum of 7.5 credits
Friday, October 19 | Maximum of 7 credits
Saturday, October 20 | Maximum of 8.5 credits
Sunday, October 21 | Maximum of 3.75 credits
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
We require instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to policy. We are committed to providing its learners with high quality activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
Questions? Contact email@example.com